If you’ve been watching our Instastories, you know Zelda, Spiro and I are immersing ourselves in Greek life and everything it has to offer — delicious food included! There is nothing better than finding a killer grilled sandwich and this Avocado, Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella Sandwich is oh so yummy. It takes like two seconds to put together (okay, maybe more like fifteen minutes) and you can eat it anywhere. All it takes is a little pesto, a few cherry tomatoes, mashed avocado and some fresh mozzarella. How easy is that? Be sure to follow along on Instagram to see all our Greek adventures! We will be traveling around the islands for the next month.
- Prep time:5min
- Cook time:10min
- Yield: 3
There is nothing better than finding a killer grilled sandwich and this Avocado, Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich is oh so yummy.
- To make the pesto, combine basil, pine nuts, minced garlic, olive oil and parmesan together in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Spread the pesto on one side of the bread and top with mashed avocado, mozzarella slices, and cherry tomatoes.
- Sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Brush both sides of the bread with butter. Repeat the previous two steps until three sandwiches are assembled.
- Place on the grill or grill pan for approximately 5 minutes, flip, and allow to grill for another 5 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the mozzarella is melted.
- Serve to your family!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles