One of my girlfriends was raving about a detoxifying face mask that she mixes with apple cider vinegar. She said that after she puts it on she feels like she has a new face. After hearing this I was immediately intrigued (if you’re a regular reader you know I’ve been REALLY into my skin lately). I began doing a little homework on Apple Cider Vinegar, and as it turns out, it has a ton of health and beauty benefits.
It can be used in a multitude of ways so I came up with an easy way to introduce it into our lunch routine with Apple Cider Chicken Tenders. With Dijon carrots on the side, it’s something both Zelda and I can enjoy. This recipe also allows her plenty of opportunities to help, so it’s always a favorite! What do you and your little like to make together? Tell me in the comments below.
MAKE YOURS LOOK LIKE OURS
- Prep time:10min
- Cook time:15min
- Total time:25min
- Serves: 4
As it turns out, Apple Cider Vinegar has a ton of health and beauty benefits!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, apple cider vinegar and buttermilk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder and parmesan.
- In a third bowl, add the panko breadcrumbs and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips. Coat the strips in the egg mixture, followed by the flour mixture and then dredge through the panko mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat this step until each strip is coated and bake until cooked through and golden brown, approximately 12-15 minutes.
- While the chicken tenders are cooking, peel and slice the carrots and place into a bowl. Add the Dijon mustard, olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix to coat.
- Add the carrots to a non-stick pan and cook over medium heat for 7-8 minutes. Serve with the chicken tenders!
Author: Glitter and Bubbles