Sometimes my palate isn’t exactly on par with what my babe wants, but that doesn’t mean I have to eat the total opposite of what she is having. I’ve found the quickest and most satisfying way to dine with Zelda is to find a common base that we both like, in this case English Muffins, and then dress it up a bit differently. We first started doing this with avocados and it worked like magic. By making English Muffins Three Ways we both get to eat something delicious and nothing entices Z to try new things like me eating it – it’s a win-win! Depending on our mood these are a favorite at breakfast, lunch and dinner, and we love playing around with different ingredients. Do you have something you and your little both love to eat? We want to hear about it! Tell us in the comments below and we might feature your recipe on the site.
- Prep time:30min
- Yield: 3 English Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the pancetta (we bought the pre-chopped kind) on a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to bake for 7-10 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the bacon on a skillet and cook at low to medium heat until crispy. Remove from the heat and crumble, set aside.
- While the bacon is cooking, spray another skillet with cooking spray and place a medium sized cookie cutter in the center. Crack a single egg into the cookie cutter (this will keep your egg round). Allow to cook, sunny side up until it reaches its desired level of doneness. Repeat this step with another egg.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast three English Muffins (6 halves). Spread peanut butter on two halves, ricotta on two halves and sprinkle the remaining two halves with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place the crumbled bacon on the shredded cheddar cheese, followed by each egg.
- Spread jelly on top of the peanut butter and garnish with four strawberry slices.
- Place the sliced pear (we used a Mandolin to get really thin slices) on top of the ricotta, followed by the pancetta and drizzle with honey.
- Serve for lunch, breakfast or dinner!
RECIPE BROUGHT TO YOU BY GLITTER AND BUBBLES