Zelda is an avocado connoisseur — she eats them multiple times a day. So needless to say, in order to make her avocados only meal work for both of us we had to get a little creative in the kitchen. And with spring right around the corner we wanted to keep things as healthy as possible and that’s how 3-Ingredient Avocado Boats were born.
I love this concept because you can get really creative and use ingredients customized to you and your little babe! We came up with a Greek Inspired Avocado Boat, a Breakfast Avocado Boat and a Goat Cheese & Fruit Avocado Boat. It’s hard to decide which one we like the best!
3-Ingredient Avocado Boats
prep time: 25 minutesyields 6 boats
6 Avocados (Cut in Half)
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (Cut in Thirds)
3-5 Slices Prosciutto
2 Peaches (Cut into Cubes)
Kalamata Olives (Sliced)
Salt & Pepper
Lime Juice (Optional)
1. Begin by cutting each avocado in half and removing the pits. If you plan to make these a few hours before you eat them, brush the avocado with lime juice. This will keep it from browning.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake the prosciutto until crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Once cool, break into smaller pieces.
3. Next, brush a pan with olive oil and fry egg whites (remove the yolk).
4. While the eggs are cooking, cut the tomatoes into thirds, the peaches into cubes and slice the Kalamata olives into smaller pieces.
5. Brush the tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. Use a spoon to make the hole inside each avocado slightly larger (don't remove too much avocado!).
7. For the Greek Avocado Boat, place feta cheese, Kalamata olive slices and cherry tomatoes inside of the avocado halves.
8. Next, make the Breakfast Avocado Boat by placing the egg whites, cherry tomatoes and prosciutto together in the avocado halves.
9. Lastly, for the Goat Cheese Avocado Boat, combine chunks of goat cheese with the small peach cubes and prosciutto inside of the avocado halves.