Zelda is an avocado connoisseur — she eats them multiple times a day. So needless to say, in order to make her avocados only meal work for both of us we had to get a little creative in the kitchen. And with spring right around the corner we wanted to keep things as healthy as possible and that’s how 3-Ingredient Avocado Boats were born.
I love this concept because you can get really creative and use ingredients customized to you and your little babe! We came up with a Greek Inspired Avocado Boat, a Breakfast Avocado Boat and a Goat Cheese & Fruit Avocado Boat. It’s hard to decide which one we like the best!
- Prep time:25min
- Yield: 6 boats
- Begin by cutting each avocado in half and removing the pits. If you plan to make these a few hours before you eat them, brush the avocado with lime juice. This will keep it from browning.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake the prosciutto until crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Once cool, break into smaller pieces.
- Next, brush a pan with olive oil and fry egg whites (remove the yolk).
- While the eggs are cooking, cut the tomatoes into thirds, the peaches into cubes and slice the Kalamata olives into smaller pieces.
- Brush the tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to make the hole inside each avocado slightly larger (don't remove too much avocado!).
- For the Greek Avocado Boat, place feta cheese, Kalamata olive slices and cherry tomatoes inside of the avocado halves.
- Next, make the Breakfast Avocado Boat by placing the egg whites, cherry tomatoes and prosciutto together in the avocado halves.
- Lastly, for the Goat Cheese Avocado Boat, combine chunks of goat cheese with the small peach cubes and prosciutto inside of the avocado halves.