All hail the watermelon salad! It officially feels like summer when the table cloth is gingham and the salads are comprised of mostly fruit. Rad Mom and sensorial brand consultant, Laura Kyttanen taught us that this salad can be super fancy (think 5-6 cubes of watermelon per plate surrounded by delicate drops of balsamic) or very casual (think 4th of July picnic style!). The choice is yours and no matter how you plate it, it tastes so delicious! What’s your go-to summer salad recipe?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
Make Yours Look Like Ours
This review is based strictly on my opinion. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company to provide my honest review. No other type of compensation was received. All ideas and opinions are my own.
- 1/2 Seedless Watermelon
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
- 2 Diced Tomatoes (Red & Yellow)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Basil Leaves, Cut
- 1 Tablespoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Pistachios, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Cube the watermelon and place into a bowl. Toss with balsamic vinegar, feta cheese, olive oil and diced tomatoes.
- Roll each basil leaf lengthwise and cut widthwise, this will give you even strips of basil leaves.
- Arrange the watermelon mixture on separate plates and garnish with basil leaves and pistachios.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve!