Move over puppy chow, panda chow is taking over Valentine’s Day! We used gluten-free and wheat-free Peanut Butter Panda Puffs Cereal instead of Chex, and since there is already peanut butter in the cereal, we also got to omit that messy step involving peanut butter with traditional puppy chow. After we mixed in some yummy chocolate candy from Oriental Trading, we placed the panda chow in bright pink popcorn boxes and sent them on their way – adorable Valentine’s Day notes included. There’s nothing quite like a homemade Valentine!
We used the extra chocolates and made smaller Valentine’s Day treats by sticking jeweled stickers on mini heart shaped containers. This was by far Zelda’s favorite part (other than sucking the white chocolate off the panda chow and depositing it back in my hand!). What Valentine’s Day treats are you cooking up in the kitchen? Tell me in the comments below.
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
MAKE YOURS LOOK LIKE OURS
This review is based strictly on my opinion. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company to provide my honest review. No other type of compensation was received. All ideas and opinions are my own.
- 4 Cups Peanut Butter Panda Puffs Cereal
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Red Velvet Cake
- 2 Tablespoons Crisco
- 1 Cup Chocolate Candy Assortment
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Place 2 cups of the Peanut Butter Panda Puffs into a large Ziploc bag and 2 cups into a separate bag.
- Pour the powdered sugar into one bag of cereal and the red velvet cake mix into the other.
- Melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of Crisco in the microwave for one minute, mix and pour into the bag of cereal with the powdered sugar. Shake to combine and then pour onto a sheet of parchment paper and allow to dry.
- Melt the remaining cup of chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of Crisco in the microwave for one minute, mix and pour into the bag with the red velvet cake mix. Shake to combine and then pour onto a sheet of parchment paper and allow to dry.
- Once both mixes dry, combine with the chocolate candy assortment and serve to littles!