Lynzy Coughlin is a multi-talented mama! Not only does she have one seriously inspirational blog for the modern day mom (we have that in common!), she also works as a part-time physician assistant in the emergency room. With a serious love for doing things together with her family, it’s no surprise that they gather together around the table at dinner time! The smell of these Turkey Stuffed Peppers when they’re baking is enough to bring anyone straight into the kitchen. What do you and your family gather around the table to eat together?
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the bag, set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a saute pan with olive oil cooking spray.
3. Saute the onion, garlic and cilantro over medium heat for 2-3 minutes and then add the ground turkey, season with salt, garlic powder and cumin.
4. Allow the meat to cook through and then add 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup diced tomato and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Mix well and simmer on low for 5-7 minutes.
5. Combine the rice and meat mixture in a bowl.
6. Slice the tops off the peppers and spoon the meat and rice mixture into each pepper until full.
7. Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and pour the remaining chicken broth into the bottom of the pan and cover with aluminum foil.
8. Bake for 35 minutes and then top with shredded cheddar cheese.
9. Serve to your babes!