Zelda loves bacon and if she had it her way, she would eat it at every meal. As I was making our St. Patrick’s Day Irish Potato Bites I noticed she had sneakily taken the entire bowl of crumbled bacon to eat on the couch while she watched Micky Mouse Clubhouse. This year, I wanted to make something savory for St. Patrick’s Day (but don’t worry, something sweet is coming your way next week) so I chose to use three ingredients Ireland prides themselves on — butter, potatoes and cheddar. It wouldn’t be authentic without Kerrygold and I enlisted Oriental Trading to help with our décor. How are you celebrating with your babes this year?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
MAKE YOURS LOOK LIKE OURS
This review is based strictly on my opinion. I was provided the sample free of charge by the company to provide my honest review. No other type of compensation was received. All ideas and opinions are my own.
- Kerrygold Irish Butter
- Kerrygold Irish Cheddar
- 10-12 Red Potatoes
- 1 Green Pepper
- 3-4 Pieces of Bacon
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onion, Chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes (crosswise) 3/4 of the way, along the entire potato.
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice small pieces of the green pepper and insert into every other cut of the potato (if it becomes too full you don't need to fill every space).
- Next, thinly slice the cheddar into small pieces and place into the remaining spaces.
- Spread butter over the top and bake for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the bacon and crumble. Slice the green onion.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, top with sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon sour cream, bacon bits and green onion.
- Serve to your family!