Are you at home with your babes today? Searching for a fun project? I’ve got you covered. Red, White and Blue Apple Donuts are a snack time staple and you probably already have the ingredients in your arsenal. This is a healthy spin on a sweet treat but still involves sprinkles – it’s okay to include a little sugar occasionally. How is your crew celebrating Memorial Day this year?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 2-3 Large Apples
- 4 Ounces Organic Valley Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Sprinkles (Your Choice!)
- Red & Blue Gel Food Coloring
- Use an apple corer to remove the cores from the apples and cut into slices, widthwise.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and honey and divide into three smaller bowls.
- Add red gel food coloring to one bowl and mix. Repeat with the blue gel food coloring in a separate bowl.
- Spread each colored cream cheese (red, white and blue) onto the apple slides and top with sprinkles.
- Serve your “apple donuts” to your littles!