Self-proclaimed pumpkin fanatic, Rad Mom and techie by day and online retailer by night, Charlotte Betts has introduced us to the notion that pumpkin bread isn’t just for fall. This deliciously fluffy baked good is appropriate for every holiday (and all those days between). This is a fantastic recipe to make with littles, it’s all pouring and stirring (which are by far Zelda’s favorite things when it comes to baking). We suggest washing it down with our favorite, easy-to-make hot cocoa. Pumpkin bread at Christmas time, who knew?! What’s your favorite out-of-the-box holiday recipe? Tell us in the comments below!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree (15 oz.)
- 4 Eggs
- 3 1/2 Cups Unbleached Organic Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 4 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 3 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable or Coconut Oil
- 2/3 Cups Water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bush a loaf pan with olive oil and in a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl. Combine both bowls and stir until blended; pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes, allow to cool, slice and serve to littles!