When we heard the words ‘protein’ and ‘donuts’ together in the same sentence we immediately got excited. We’re all for any kind of healthy spin on dessert, as long as it still taste delicious, and Jessica Hughes’ Protein Blueberry Donuts hit the spot. These tasty little treats can be eaten for breakfast or dessert, but we like the idea of having dessert for breakfast, so we’re going to stick with that. When we found out they were also covered in a yummy white chocolate glaze, we were totally sold! What’s your little’s favorite sweet breakfast treat?
Protein Blueberry Donuts
prep time: 45 minutesyields 15-20 donuts
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
4 Tablespoons Stevia
2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoon Flax Seed
1 Cup Blueberries
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 Egg White
1/2 Cup Water
4 1/2 Tablespoons Softened Butter
1/2 Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 Cup Sweet Spreads White Chocolate Coconutter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a mixer- whole flour, baking soda, stevia, salt, flax seed and protein powder.
3. In a separate bowl, whip the vanilla, egg white, water, and Greek yogurt together and pour into mixer with the dry ingredients.
4. Next, slowly add in the butter and then hand fold in the blueberries.
5. Fill each donut cavity about halfway and then place the pan in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Microwave White Chocolate Sweet Spreads for one minute or until runny. Pour over each donut and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Recipe Brought to You by Jessica Hughes for Glitter and Bubbles