It’s almost officially summer (and it finally actually feels like it) which means we are hitting up the Green City Farmers Market on a regular basis. Who doesn’t love farm fresh fruits and veggies? With little Zelda’s ever expanding palate we’ve been getting a little more adventurous with what we allow her to try (we’ve recently found out she’s obsessed with these). So her first step into uncharted vegetable territory was Pico de Gallo with Star Chips. It was a winner!
She also loved helping mama cut out the stars from the tortillas. Cookie cutters are totally her thing! We’ve been buying all our cutters in sets because they work in the kitchen and as toys for Zelda. It’s the simple things in life, right?! We threw our Pico de Gall in our favorite little bowls from Target accompanied by gorgeous every day plates from Crate and Barrel. Blush pink is slowing taking over our kitchen and we can’t resist an adorable little print!
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut star shapes from the tortilla shells.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with salted olive oil. Set the star tortilla shapes on top and brush with more salted olive oil. Lightly sprinkle with pepper.
3. Bake for 4 minutes and flip the tortilla shells over. Bake for another 4 minutes or until the tortilla stars are crispy.
4. Dice the green and red onion, cilantro, jalapeno and tomatoes. Combine in a large bowl.
5. Mix in the lime juice and garlic powder and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
7. Serve the Pico de Gallo with the Star Chips!