I can’t resist making things in mini so when I found kid-friendly lasagna cups on Pinterest I knew I had to make them. Little Z and I gave the recipe our own spin and used sausage instead of ground beef. It’s amazing how much more involved she wants to be in the kitchen. She’s always asking me what I’m making and loves to taste each ingredient (and sometimes spits food back into my hand if she doesn’t like it). We made these for dinner a few weeks ago, and they received Zelda’s stamp of approval. We had leftovers and they were super easy to reheat the next day for lunch. Do you have any dinner recipes I should know about? Tell me in the comments below!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
MAKE YOURS LOOK LIKE OURS
- 1 Pound Ground Sausage
- 1 Package Wonton Wrappers
- ¼ Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 4-5 Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Organicville Marinara Sauce
- ½ Cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, season the ground sausage with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat.
- Whisk both eggs until combined and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Use your hands to coat each wonton wrapper in the egg wash. Place two wrappers in each muffin cup so the corners are alternating and pointing upwards.
- Fill each cup with approximately ½ tablespoon marinara sauce, ½ tablespoon ground sausage, 1 teaspoon cottage cheese and a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the wonton wrappers are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the edges to remove the lasagna cups from the muffin tin. Garnish with chopped basil leaves and serve to your family!