One of my favorite things to do in the summer is sit outside on the patio, watch Spiro grill, and eat delicious food. A few weeks ago he was grilling steaks and corn on the cob, and I started thinking about how delicious salsa with grilled corn in in would be. And voila, Grilled Corn Salsa was born!
Grilled Corn Salsa
prep time: 25 minutesyields 4 servings
3 Ears Grilled Corn
1/2 Red Onion
1/2 Container Cherry Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Parsley
1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
Salt & Pepper
1. Begin by grilling (I used a grill pan) 3 ears of salted corn brushed with olive oil, rotating every 2 minutes, for 10 minutes or so.
2. Remove from the heat and use a knife to slice the corn off the cob; sprinkle with pepper and set aside in a bowl.
3. Next, chop the parsley and add it into the same bowl.
4. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and dice half a red onion; coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Next, place the cherry tomatoes and diced onions on the grill pan for 5 minutes or until cooked through (the onions should be translucent).
6. Add this to the corn/parsley mixture, along with the red wine vinegar; stir to combine. Serve with chips!