Since Zelda has become obsessed with Happy Play we’ve had bunnies on the brain (seriously – we’re thinking about getting one). The word ‘bunny’ has replaced the word ‘kitty’ in our household, and if you have a little addicted to the kitty WubbaNub then you know this is a big deal. And while we haven’t fully committed to the idea of buying a real live bunny quite yet, we’ve definitely been accommodating Zelda’s new fixation on all things rabbit, which is perfect with Easter right around the corner!
Enter Easter Bunny Cupcake Cones. Zelda was so excited when we presented her with one, I think it’s safe to say they’ve replaced the Rainbow Cookie Bites (aka crack cookies) as her favorite. What’s your little’s favorite Easter treat?
Recipe adapted from Family Circle.
Easter Bunny Cupcake Cones
prep time: 1 houryields 10-12 cones
Cake Mix + Box Ingredients
Pink Crystal Sprinkles
Pink Pearl Sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with baking cups.
2. Make the cupcake mix according to the instructions on the cake box.
3. Pour the mixture into the baking cups, about 3/4 of the way full and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Use scissors to cut the marshmallows vertically, these will be the ears.
5. Brush the marshmallows with white frosting and then brush with pink crystal sprinkles. Set aside.
6. Once the cupcakes have cooled, remove the baking cup and place inside of a waffle cone.
7. Frost with frosting, place the ears on the top, attach the eyes and place a pink pearl sprinkle in the center for the nose.