Does anyone else think it’s crazy that we are three Thursdays away from Thanksgiving and eight Sundays away from Christmas? So while at first glance it might seem like it is way too early to begin holiday menu planning, it really isn’t. Thankfully one of my favorite babes, The Makerista, is not only an interior design rockstar but is also a bit of a whiz when it comes to dessert making. Her Coconut Joys store really well, so you can make them a few days beforehand and then pop them in the fridge.
This recipe yields about three and a half dozen, which means if you’re hosting a large party this should be a go-to for your sweet table. Did I mention you only need to buy four ingredients when you go to the store? I call that a major win. What is your go-to holiday recipe?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 3 Cups Coconut Flakes
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Baker's Chocolate
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once melted, remove from the heat and mix with the coconut and sugar.
- Use your hands to roll the mix into 3/4 inch balls and chill until firm.
- Place the chocolate into a small plastic bag, seal and submerge in hot water until the chocolate melts.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and drizzle over the Coconut Joys.
- Serve to littles!