Rad Mom Elizabeth Gormely and her two adorable boys are dessert decorating aficionados. They like to get right to the good stuff, so cake pops are their go-to because they are quick and easy, and allow the boys to advance to the decorating stage with ease – very little patience required. When creating these super yummy pops make sure each ball isn’t too heavy or it will slide right off the sucker stick (I may have had to do a practice pop or two to get this down). Also, don’t stress if your pops aren’t perfectly round, I let this drive me crazy for about 5 minutes and then remembered Elizabeth’s mantra – let it go.
They aren’t meant to be perfect, they’re just meant to taste delicious (and they do). What’s your favorite sweet treat to make with your babes? Tell me in the comments below for the chance to be featured!
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 3 Ounces Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Melting Chocolate
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse until crumbled.
- Combine the crumbs and cream cheese, using your hands to mix.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in the microwave for about 1 minute and stir to combine. Remove the cake balls from the fridge and place a lollipop stick in each ball.
- Dip them in the chocolate to coat, add sprinkles and place each ball back on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate until the chocolate sets.
- Serve to littles!