Sometimes the best things in life are the simplest and that certainly holds true in the kitchen for Ola Omami and her little, six-year-old Eva. Their go-to baked treats are super delicious Butter Cookies. They have tons of fun cutting them into shapes, with the cat cookie cutter being their favorite, respectively. We took their best recipe for a test run and we would have to agree, these cookies are super scrumptious! They also gave us the opportunity to pull out our gold bakeware, which always makes baking just a little easier. There’s nothing quite like staring at the baking rack patiently waiting for cookies to cool!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a mixer to smooth the butter on low speed, slowly adding in the salt.
2. In a large bowl, combine the vanilla extract and granulated sugar. Stir to combine and then add in the butter and the Confectioner’s sugar.
3. Mix in the eggs, on low speed and slowly add the flour.
4. Use your hands to make small balls of cookie dough or flatten to ¼ inch thin cakes (if you’re using a cookie cutter). Place on a parchment sheet lined baking sheet and bake for 18-22 minutes.
5. Once baked, use the cookie cutters to make shapes from the soft cookies. Remove excess cookie bits and allow to cool.
6. Serve to littles with milk!