Life is all about balance. There is nothing better than finding a recipe that is mostly healthy and tastes delicious (we put in a little bacon). It’s always easier to stay on track when you look forward to your meal — no one wants to eat something boring. Enter Bacon, Avocado and Tomato Stacks. This is my new summer jam. I love going to Green City Market on the weekends to procure all the freshest veggies (I love the flowers too!) and I can pre-slice and assemble when I’m read to eat. What’s your go-to summer recipe?
Photo Credit & Food Styling: Leah Nolan
- 1 Beefsteak Tomato, Sliced
- 1 Avocado, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 Slices Bacon, Cooked & Crumbled
- 15 Zucchini Slices
- 1/4 Cup Cooked Corn
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and thinly slice the zucchini. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with olive oil; sprinkle with salt to taste. Bake for 5-6 minutes and set side.
- Place avocado slices on top of one tomato slice, followed by five slices of zucchini. Repeat this pattern two more times.
- Top the stack with cottage cheese, cooked corn and crumbled bacon. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Serve on a summer day!