Hands up if trying to deal with making your own jewelry sounds just plain scary (our hands our way up!). Today we’re solving your jewelry DIY woes with a simple bracelet project that’s super chic for every mama + little. You only need three materials to make these easy hair-tie bracelets. We’ll let you in on a little secret too…everyone will be asking you where to buy these rad accessories!
Hair Ties in Assorted Colors
Jewelry Pliers; these can be found at your local craft store
Medium Sized Jewelry Chain; we chose to mix silver and gold!
Small Jewelry Links
1. Measure a piece of chain to fit half of yours or your little’s wrist size. Then, use your pliers to open one of the chain links to separate it from the rest of the chain. We used one of the pliers to hold the link and the other in our opposite hand to bend the link open.
2. While the link is still open, insert your hair tie into the space and close the link. Repeat the process on the opposite side of your chain with the last link. In all honesty, the bracelet looks a little funny here and you might be thinking, “How is this a bracelet again?”
3. Now it’s time to wear it…fold the hair tie in half and slide it onto your wrist—you’ve got your very own hair tie bracelet!
4. Now, mix & match! We paired the gold and silver with contrasting colors and then piled them on our wrists for some fun accessorizing.
5. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, open the small additional links you may have and slide on a charm. Then, attach the link of your choice on the bracelet. Close the link and you’ve got a new charm bracelet!